Is Your Email Marketing Working
Email marketing is undoubtedly one of the best online marketing tools available and when you do it right, your sales should increase. But how do you know if you’re doing well?
Several data indicates if you are hitting the right spots:
- Open Rate : How many people are opening your mail?
- Clicks : There should be a “call to action” in your email such as “Buy Now”. This encourages recipients to click on the button that sends them to your website. Getting that click is one of the fundamental objectives of an email marketing campaign. You can check these statistics in your email marketing operating system.
- Bouncing: This is when the sent email is rejected. There are two forms of rejection, hard and soft. The soft is not permanent and can occur for different reasons, the mailbox could be full or the server is down. A hard rejection is permanent and can occur because the email no longer exists or is misspelled.
- Subscription : If many people begin to cancel their subscriptions, you are doing something wrong. It may be that you have included people without their permission or that your emails are too frequent.
- Abuse : A complaint of abuse occurs when someone tags your mail as spam, so you should try to avoid it all costs. You can provoke problems with your server or with your email marketing service.
Where do you get this information?
If you use the right tool, i.e email marketing services like MailChimp, a report with all this information should be easily accessible to you. The information for each email and campaign should be pointed out.
How do you know if you’re doing well?
People do not react the same way to all emails. It is best to compare your data with those of other companies in your sector. To help, MailChimp has studied what happened to hundreds of millions of emails sent through their system and ordered it by sectors.